Next BGCM Meeting:
Sunday Jun 19th, 2022
Something for eating.
If the Farm Museum gate is closed when you arrive, please close it after you enter.Please see updates below for meeting changes.
BGCM Open Forge:
Thursday Jun 9th, 2022
Open Forge 6-9PM - Facemasks requiredRemember to call the hotline (410-386-9150) after 4pm the day of to confirm the forge will be open
Updates & Notifications:
Blacksmith Days is back! May 20-22, 2022 Featuring Caitlin Morris, Ed Clarke, & Ken Schwarz
Forging contests: 3 Candle candle stand that incorporates non-ferrous metal, X Rhea Bowie and X Rhea knife
Online registration coming soon. Mail-in Registration Form
June 2, 2021
We are allowed to use all 8 forges once again during open forge times. However, we will still need to practice COVID protocols while inside the school building and when we cannot maintain social distancing. This includes wearing your mask while inside, sanitizing tools between users, and frequently using hand sanitizer or washing.
You still need to bring your own food and drinks as well until further notice.
We also need to follow all the COVID screening protocols prior to attending a BGCM event.
You should stay home if the following situations apply:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You are experiencing symptoms identified in the Self-Screening (refer to symptoms below), regardless of your vaccination status
- You are a close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more cumulative minutes within a 24 hour period during the last 2 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been determined to be a probable case of COVID-19
- You have been advised to isolate or quarantine by the Health Department, a healthcare provider, or an employee health nurse
- fever of 100 or higher
- sore throat, cough
- difficulty breathing
- diarrhea or vomiting
- new onset of severe headache (especially with fever)
- new loss of taste or smell
We have approval from the Health Department to hold Open Forge this Thursday, May 13 from 6 p.m. to about 9 p.m. We are still only allowed to utilize every other forge than at 7:30 p.m. we will switch out and use the other four forges to maximize the number of people who can forge if the demand is there.
All COVID protocols must be followed and masks are required inside and if social distancing cannot be maintained. Please review the COVID screening questions prior to coming. If you answer yes please stay home. BGCM will follow and enforce the following guidelines during our Open Forge and meeting times.
- BGCM members will sign the Farm Museum COVID waiver.
- Social distancing will be enforced for non-family gatherings and discussions.
- Facemasks will be worn at all times when social distancing cannot be done while in the forging area.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use.
- Handwashing regularly will be encouraged.
- Members will bring their own food and drinks for lunch or snacks, no potluck will be allowed.
- The business meetings will be held at the outer pavilions.
- Common contact areas will be cleaned regularly.
- BGCM will monitor the restrooms and clean and sanitize as needed.
- Members will sign up for one of four 90 minute time slots that are offered throughout the time of the monthly meeting; two at open forge night.
- Forge tooling and contact items will be sanitized prior to the next member using them.
- Forges will be supervised by a “BGCM Forgemaster” at all times for technical assistance and ensuring protocols are followed.
- Only the forge user, forgemaster, and/or Board members are allowed in the school building; no casual observers inside.
Call the BGCM hotline, 410-386-9150, prior to coming to ensure there have been no changes to the schedule listed above or if the meeting is canclled for weather related issues.
Please share this with any one who may need to know.
The Health Department has also just approved our meeting for Sunday, May 16, from 9 a.m. to about 4 p.m. All of the COVID protocols and guidelines must be followed. Only four forges can be used at a time.
There will be a sign up for 1 1/2 time slots for the four forges. There is no potluck lunch allowed so please bring your own food, drink, and snacks.
If you have any trade items made please bring them with you and we will have some sort of trade item exercise depending on how may items arrive. Here are the items we have missed since our last meeting in November. Please save your BSD Contest items for next year.
- December 2020 - Something to use for blacksmithing
- January – Something with a flower for Valentine’s Day
- February – Something to use at the anvil
- March - Something that fits in a 3” cube
- April – Something to use in the garden